Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For current information on retail distribution of peanut butter products recalled due to Salmonella Bredeney, please consult the Trader Joe’s/Sunland Peanut Butter Recalls tab.
For current information on retail distribution of beef products containing Canadian beef recalled due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination please consult the Canada/USA Beef Recall tab.
- Allergy Alert: Tri-Union Seafoods LLC recalls Chicken of the Sea White Albacore Tuna in Water (7-oz cans in multipack; UPC 0 48000 00097 2; Best by 10/01/16 through 11/09/16), because the product contains undeclared soy. The recalled product was distributed in October and November 2012 to Costco stores in California, Arizona, Washington, Utah, Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho and Nevada.
- Food Safety Recall: Tony’s Imports and Exports (Clovis, CA) warns consumers, food distributors and food processors not to consume or purchase certain containers of AL-RABIH Tahineh, 100% Sesame (40lb pails; Product of Lebanon; Best before February 2014), after 141 pails of the product were stolen from the company’s warehouse where it was awaiting destruction due to Salmonella contamination.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Magnolia Bird Farm, Incorporated (Anaheim, CA) recalls Sunland Peanuts in Shell, Hulled Peanuts, Magnolia Bird Farm Conure Mix Seed Mix, Magnolia Bird Farm Large Hookbill Seed Mix, Magnolia Bird Farm Hookbill Supreme Seed Mix, and Magnolia Bird Farm Parrot Mix Seed Mix (Distributed October 12, 2011 to October 12, 2012), because the peanuts, which were supplied by Sunland, Inc., may be contaminated with Salmonella. Please refer to the recall notice for additional details.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Focus Products Group International, LLC (Lincolnshire, IL) recalls West Bend brand Cocoa Latte™ Hot Drink Maker (Model 65032) and Back to Basics Cocoa Latte™ Hot Drink Maker (Models CM300BK, CM300BKL, CM300BLSS, CM300BR, CM300BRBRL CM300BRL, CM300W), because a small bushing inside the container has to potential to leach lead. The recalled products were shipped nationwide starting in 2004 through October 12, 2012 and sold primarily in the USA through various retailers and e-retailers and through the Focus Products’ online store.
- Allergy Alert: David Roberts Food Corporation recalls David Roberts Two for the Road Madeira Mix (80g; All codes; UPC 0 67261 14321 1), due to the presence of undeclared sulphites. The recalled product was sold nationally.
- Food Safety Recall: Shah Brothers Imports recalls Shabros Sesame Laddoo (200g; No codes; UPC 0 59011 01061 4), due to the presence of unspecified extraneous material in the product.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1595): Salmonella in frozen octopus from Indonesia; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1596): Didecyldimethylammonium chloride in dried sliced apples from Turkey; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1597): Ethephon in tomato from the Netherlands; distributed to Belgium, Netherlands and Russian Federation.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1599): Excessive sulphite in whole chilled shrimps from the United Kingdom; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1601): Spoilage of Atlantic herring from Latvia; distributed to the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1602): Possible ciguatera poisoning caused by fresh red snapper fillets from India; distributed to the Czech Republic, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.