Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats (Wittenberg, WI) recalls Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Liver Paté (10-oz vacuum pkgs; Est 8926; Use by dates 2/13/13C, 2/19/13C, 2/20/13/C, 3/16/13C; Julian code dates 200350C, 200357C, 300015, 300022C), due to undeclared milk protein (sodium caseinate). The recalled products were distributed for retail sale nationwide.
- Allergy Alert: R-Kane Products, Inc. (Pennsauken, NJ) recalls Z Pro High Protein Supplement (All outstanding supplies) due to undeclared soy and milk. The recalled products were distributed nationwide between January 1, 2006 and January 24, 2013, to bariatric centers and bariatric physicians who dispense the product to patients who have undergone bariatric surgery.
- Food Safety Recall Update: ShopRite and Sam’s Club warn their customers that GoldCoast Salads (Naples, FL) has recalled the following products (Produced December 3, 2012; Code EXP 1-31-13), due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination: GoldCoast Blue Crab Spread (8 oz.; UPC 83355500325), GoldCoast Lobster Shrimp Spread (8 oz.; UPC 83355500005), GoldCoast Maine Lobster Spread (8 oz.; UPC 83355500324), GoldCoast Blue Crab Spread (16 oz.; UPC 83355500125), and GoldCoast Maine Lobster Spread (16 oz.; UPC 83355500124). The Blue Crab Spread was sold at Sam’s Club stores in the Northeast and Southeast US; all five recalled products were sold at ShopRite.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Beauvais Foods A/S recalls Beauvais Spaghetti Napoli (560g cans; Best before October 2015, November 2015 and January 2016: Five lot number, all containing production number 7100), due to undeclared whey.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Danka Foodservice A/S recalls Chef Canned Tuna in Oil (1000g/drained weight 700g; Product of Thailand; Lot code T2A7C TH. NOS. 2009; Best before 05/10-2015), due to high levels of histamine.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Auchan recalls Auchan’s Crousty Premium Fruits Rouges Muesli (500g; Lot 6352; Expiry 30/08/2013), because the product may contain plastic fragments.
- Food Safety Recall (France): La société Légulice recalls Champignons de Paris, medium size (Product of the Netherlands; Lot 2 004), due to nicotine contamination. The recalled product was sold at Intermarché stores.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0130): Ethylcarbamate in kirsch from Germany; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0134): Histamine in tuna chunks in vegetable oil from Thailand; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2013.0135): Excessive Escherichia coli in organic rope mussels from Ireland, via France; distributed to France and Spain.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.